WE PRO BONO
AZTAN recognizes its social responsibility towards the community and also its responsibility towards other categories in the business sector which need legal support to grow e.g. the young entrepreneur’s business initiatives and starts ups.
In addition AZTAN has built a wide platform with international institutions for collaboration and provision of legal updates specifically in relation to doing business in Sudan & South Sudan.
AZTAN delivers legal assistance to individuals on the basis of pro bono and under the governance of the Advocacy Law of 1983.
AZTAN Law Firm has built a dynamic team of advocates, young associates, inhouse lawyers and part time specialist to provide comprehensive legal assistance and consultations on pro bono basis.
Areas of Pro Bono Engagement
- Call of Ministry of Justice or Sudanese Bar Association.
- Assistance required by the poor individuals.
- Human rights and non profits and NGOs.
- The young entrepreneur’s business initiatives and starts ups.
- Government and semi government support in promoting investment in Sudan.
Key Partner Organizations
- Public entities e.g. Competition and Prevention of Monopoly Practices Counsel.
- International Organization e.g. World Bank, AZTAN has contributed in the researched carried out by the Global Indicator Group in the World Bank.
- AZTAN has contributed in updating of the “Arbitration in Africa: a Practitioner’s Guide”
- Enforcement of Rule of Justice by always standing up to protect the human rights in Sudan and defending the individuals of Sudanese revolution against the unjustified arrest and illegal detention and torture by the military government.
- Provide legal assistance to the young entrepreneur’s initiative of Kaheela Project.
AZTAN created a website “invest-in-sudan.com” in support of the collaborative efforts of the revolutionary Government in promoting foreign investment in Sudan. The website is an informative platform for all investors and interested parties.